JHeartPerfect
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

JHeartPerfect

Forum consacré aux talentueux acteurs : Jake Gyllenhaal & Joaquin Phoenix

AccueilAccueil  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  ConnexionConnexion  
Le Deal du moment : -29%
PC portable – MEDION 15,6″ FHD Intel i7 ...
Voir le deal
499.99 €

Rise of the Phoenix [Interview]

AuteurMessage
Charly03
Admin
Charly03

Rise of the Phoenix [Interview] Empty
MessageSujet: Rise of the Phoenix [Interview]   Rise of the Phoenix [Interview] Icon_minitimeSam 12 Jan - 13:55

Rise of the Phoenix
12 January 2008

For a man who has walked the line in Hollywood, acting still remains his single biggest challenge. He’s is a reluctant movie star keen to avoid the familiar trappings of fame, but even Joaquin Phoenix does not want to go back to being poor and anonymous.

JOAQUIN PHOENIX, 33, was born in Puerto Rico and was one of five children. His older brother, River, died of a drug overdose when Joaquin was just 19. He has received two Oscar and BAFTA nominations for his performances in ‘Walk The Line’ and ‘Gladiator’ and has two new films out - a thriller, ‘Reservation Road’ with Jennifer Connelly, and the drama ‘We Own The Night’ with Eva Mendes and Mark Wahlberg. Joaquin is single and lives in Los Angeles.

You appear to be a bit of a reluctant movie star. How do you handle fame?

There is a seedy side of Hollywood. The first time I met Eva Mendes to discuss the movie We Own The Night there was a group of photographers taking our pictures. They ran stories that we were dating, which I found pretty funny.

Don’t get me wrong, I’ve desperately tried to date attractive movie actresses, but they all turn me down. If I was going out with someone famous maybe I’d receive more attention but at the moment my life doesn’t seem to be very appealing to the Press on a greater scale, which is fine with me.

Would you rather be rich and famous or poor and anonymous?

I was once poor and anonymous and I don’t like the idea of going back there again. But I still question if I want to continue acting - there are times when I’m not sure it’s working for me. I always try to find some greater truth in the process of making films that feels valid to me. But, on the other hand, it’s hard not to keep making movies with a sweet salary with a large number of zeroes on the pay-cheque. I’m addicted!

You usually come across as intense. Do you think people would be surprised at what a comedian you really are?

I don’t know what you’re talking about... (comically falls off the chair). Sorry, go ahead. Yes, people don’t know about my comedic side and, when it surfaces in the Press, I have my people squash it.

What has been your biggest challenge?

Acting. I’m one of those actors who likes to stay in character between takes. I drive other actors crazy but, to me, the most important thing when I’m making a film is that the character takes precedence. I become obsessed with whoever I’m playing. I want to explore the character as completely as I can. The moment an actor becomes satisfied with themselves, their work suffers. I think that we should always challenge ourselves in work.

Do you think you are more like your mother or father?

Both. I had a very unconventional upbringing. We travelled around a lot when I was a kid.

What were your dreams as a child?

Just to be accepted. My parents gave us earthy names - Rain, Liberty,

Summer and River except me, Joaquin, which means ‘God will determine’. When I was younger, I even changed my name to Leaf so I could fit in with my brothers and sisters. Nobody understood what I was saying when I said my name was Joaquin. They thought I was saying, ‘Walking’ or something. It became a little frustrating so I changed my name for a bit, then I changed it back to Joaquin when I was older.

What has been your weirdest experience with a fan?

I was waiting for my friend in a restaurant and this guy kept staring at me.

I just smiled and he finally shouted: ‘Hey! Hey!’ And I whispered, ‘Hey. Hey.’ He said in this very loud voice: ‘Love the work. Love the work.’ I very quietly replied: ‘Thank you. Thank you.’ I was trying to leave and he went to shake my hand and shouted: ‘My name is Jerry.’ I very quietly said: ‘Joaquin.’ And he goes: ‘Whao? Naw. Tobey.’ He thought I was Tobey Maguire! I tell you, I’m mistaken for other people all the time.

Is there anything you’re trying to quit, but can’t?

I smoke too much. But it probably prevents me from doing other bad things.

What is your idea of heaven?

I’m going to sound a little weird here, but I like to spend a lot of time on my own in the woods. I don’t exactly sneak off in the middle of the night, but I like to be in a place where no one can reach me by phone or e-mail.

Who would you like to be stuck in a lift with?

It changes from time to time. I learned a lot from working with John Travolta. I’ve always been a huge fan and I finally got to work with him in Ladder 49. I felt a little intimidated to meet him, but he couldn’t have been a nicer guy. I think he would be an interesting person to chat to in an elevator.

What is your greatest regret?

That is a bit of a personal question. I try to not live in regret as I don’t see the point. What’s past is past.

I try to live in the moment. I like to be present at all times even if I’m having a bad moment in the present.

Source : http://www.khaleejtimes.com/
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
https://jheartperfect.forum-actif.net/

Rise of the Phoenix [Interview]
Page 1 sur 1